PepperStreet was asked to:
- Completely overhaul the look and feel
- Upgrade the usability of the site
- Look at the UX of the website
- Complete the project on a fairly tight budget
PepperStreet began by looking at the budget of the site. To minimalise additional costs we decided to forray into the world of DIVI theme. Whilst the theme has limitations which our usual Avada choice doesn’t, the license cost to the client is much smaller.
Having decided on DIVI we now looked at how best to create the design. PepperStreet designed the website directly into DIVI so the design was dynamic and made the most of the functionality available in the theme whilst avoiding expensive additional coding which can occur if you are trying to fit a bespoke design into a theme.
The content was written by a copywriter and provided and the services were all linked for ease of navigation. The CTA box was prominent on all pages as this was the outcome the client wanted from the website. The main issue we had was imagery. Obviously the client was unable to use images of his work but also stock photography produced very little of satisfaction. In the end we decided to go with the thumbprint motif and use bold colours to break up the site content.